Part-time Healthcare Assistant/s (16 – 30 hours per week)
We are looking for an experienced primary care Healthcare Assistant/s to join our friendly, supportive team. Ideally you will have Primary Care experience though training can be provided for the right candidate. You will be highly motivated to provide excellent patient care as part of a multidisciplinary team and be diligent and reliable. In return we offer a friendly and supportive work environment where each individual is valued for their contribution to patient care.
Main duties are to assist medical personnel in the care of practice patients to include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education. The post will also include some administrative duties including the ordering of clinical supplies and could be based across both our surgery sites.
Working within clinical competencies, job responsibilities can include the following (see job description for further details):
- Blood Pressure monitoring and ambulatory monitoring
- Dressings (working to strict protocols)
- Stitch removal
- Vaccinations and Injections under Patient Specific Direction
- Completion of Doppler assessments
- Ear syringing
- Provide lifestyle advice to patients making any necessary referrals within the Practice
- Weight monitoring
- Health checks
- Assisting with minor surgical and contraceptive procedures
- Ensure specimens are labelled and bagged ready for collection with the necessary paperwork completed
- Ensure sharps bins are ready for collection
- Restocking/maintenance of equipment
- Restocking of clinical areas and consulting rooms
- Participate in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the practice team
- Ordering vaccines and medical sundries
- To complete a monthly stock take of all drugs held on practice premises, to include prescription reconciliation for PPA claims
For an informal chat, please contact Sarah Wilson, Practice Manager on: 01202 593444.
Applications in writing to Sarah Wilson, Practice Manager or via email ([email protected]) and must include our application form. Please ensure you include a contact telephone number and your email address in your application. We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday December 19th 2018 (we reserve the right to close this advert sooner if there is sufficient response)
Interview date: to be confirmed