With effect from the 7th November 2018 we will be providing a telephone triage-based system which will allow us to manage the care of more patients more efficiently. This will also improve continuity of care which we are aware is extremely important to many of you.
These are the key points:
1. The phone lines will be open from 8am-1pm and 2pm-6pm to enable you to book a telephone consultation with a GP.
2. Please phone in the morning whenever possible as we have more available GPs in surgery during this time.
3. If you request a certain GP and they are in surgery and have a slot available then you will be added to their list.
4. If they are not in surgery (and your problem is not urgent) and they have an available slot within the next 5 days you will be added to that list.
5. If your problem is urgent for that day you will be offered a telephone call back from any of the GPs on that day
6. The GP will endeavour to call you back within one hour of your allocated call time. However, an emergency in the surgery may delay this.
7. You will be able to book a telephone appointment using our online system. Click here to find out how to sign up for our online services.
If the GP that you speak to feels that they need to see you in surgery they will make an appointment for you to be seen. This may be on the same day (if urgent) or may be later on in the week.
The GPs will also be able to refer you to our Nurse Practitioner who can deal with many types of problems.
How you can help us to help you:
1. Our reception team will ask you if your call is about a new problem or an existing one this will help us to direct your call to the most appropriate clinician.
2. Please be ready to accept the call as only 2 attempts will be made to contact you. If you call after these attempts you will be added to the call list for another day.
3. If the GP makes an appointment for you please attend the surgery on time this will help the GPs to avoid keeping other patients waiting.
4. Please ensure that you do not run out of medication as this will not be dealt with by a GP phone call. We require 48 working hours to deal with your request.
5. Sick Certificates and other such forms will be dealt with by our reception team who will pass the request to the GP.
6. If you make a request for a call back from the GP and no longer need it please cancel it. This will allow other patients to use this slot.
7. If the GP books a face to face appointment for you and you cannot attend please either cancel it or contact reception who may be able to rebook it for you.