In order that we can continue to offer our patients a fair and accessible service for all, we would ask that the following procedures and requests be met and respected by all our patients.
In return for this we, as a Practice, will do our very best to continue to provide an excellent service to you all.
1. Our reception staff will always treat you with courtesy and respect and will always try to help you with your request. In return we ask that you also respect our staff by being patient and polite whilst either on the telephone or in person. Rude or abusive behaviour of any description will not be tolerated by the Practice.
2. Please act in a responsible and courteous manner whilst on the practice premises for the safety and comfort of others.
3. Please arrive on time for your appointment as delays caused by patients arriving late has a detrimental effect on the rest of the doctor’s clinic. If you are late for your appointment, you may be asked to re-book at another time. Try to let us know in advance if you are going to be unavoidably delayed, so that we can make alternative arrangements to help you.
4. If you are unable to attend your appointment please cancel it in time so that we can offer it to another patient. Text reminders can be sent if you provide us with your mobile telephone number.
5. A home visit should only be requested for those who are unable to come to the surgery because of serious illness or infirmity. Please ring the surgery before 10am if possible.
6. Make a separate appointment for each patient that needs to be seen. This allows the doctor enough time to treat each patient with the time that they deserve. Please also be aware that the doctor has limited time and may only be able to deal with one problem per appointment. If you do have multiple things to discuss please inform the doctor at the beginning of the appointment.
7. We ask that patients follow our requirements for repeat prescriptions and order their repeat medication at least 7 days before it is due. Our turnaround time is 2 working days, please do not expect that it will be actioned any sooner.
8. When ordering a script please provide reception with the written details of the items needed. This should include the full name and date of birth for the patient and the name of the item (and strength if applicable).
By following these simple guidelines you can help us the help you by continuing to provide a safe and efficient service.