The Champions are a group of volunteers who are registered with the Practice and can offer support to patients who may be glad of some help in coping with a range of non-medical issues.
Currently there are:-
- FREE coffee mornings ( 3rd Wednesday of every month from 10:00 – 12 noon at the Bearwood Community Centre)
- Health walks – long or short to improve your health or just to “walk and talk”.
- Carer support – do you need to get out for an hour (maybe a health walk?), some other support or someone to talk to and share experiences.
- Cancer support– advice sheets to try and help you through the hospital systems and processes or someone to share experiences and concerns.
- Want to develop new interests or pastimes but don’t know how or where – perhaps we can try and help you make a start.
- Become a Champion – new volunteers always welcome.
- Asperger’s/ Autism (HFA) – family support group and advice session
- COPD – Advice on local support groups and activities
- KNIT & NATTER – a craft based session – knitting, crochet or whatever you want 1st Wednesday of very month at the Canford Magna Garden Centre from (10am – 12noon) starting on the 4th March
HOW TO CONTACT A CHAMPION
- Ask your Doctor or Nurse for a surgery referral. They have the forms to complete and this can be done during the telephone consultation or at a surgery visit.
- Fill in a self-referral form- they can be found on our notice board or at reception. Complete the form and hand it in to reception.
- Come to a coffee morning.
A Champion will contact you to talk about how we can help.
Put these dates in your diary
FREE COFFEE MORNING – Bearwood Community Centre (10-12)
Wednesday 19th February 2020
Wednesday 18th March 2020
KNIT & NATTER – Canford Magna Garden Centre (10-12)
Wednesday 4th March 2020
Wednesday 1st April 2020
Look forward to seeing you